Sunday, September 29, 2013

One Day at a Time

This week has been the longest week of my mission, but only because so many good things were packed into short seven days.
Tuesday we were able to go to the temple as a Zone (an area of missionaries) and it was one emotional day, perhaps because we had to get up at 4:30am, or possibly because the Holy Ghost was gripping my heart the whole day. Either way by the end of the day I was tired and emotionally drained and more motivated to be a better missionary,where ever that may be.
(Insert picture here with Caption: Sister McFarlane and I at the Georgia, Atlanta Temple)
Wednesday was exchanges! I went to Catersville, Georgia for the day with Sister Lowder; what a blessing that day turned out to be. I was able to learn new techniques in teaching, and to really see what a busy day looks like and how to plan correctly to have busy days like that. Not saying I haven't been busy, but there is definietly a lot Sister McFarlane and I needed to improve based off of my observations of Wednesday.
Thursday Sister McFarlane and I were able to rock it. We were both highly motivated to improve after exchanges and so we did. We were able to surpass most of our weekly goals and I could literally feel the Savior cheering us on as we sought out ways to improve our missionary work.
Friday night I encountered a miracle, but it was scary at first. We were teaching one of our newest investigators, Lawrence, and the Spirit was surrounding us like a thick blanket. We taught him about Joseph Smith and then set a date for baptism on October 12th in which he said he was willing to work towards. Then we started reading 3 Nephi chapter 11 with him. That's when his daughter walked in, listed to us reading, and once we had finished decided to test us on why it was we need a Book of Mormon, when what we had read was in the Bible. My heart dropped, as did my confidence, because I am no Bible scholar; but I began to say a prayer in my heart that the Spirit would be able to stay in the room and help us resolve this woman's concerns. Then our member who came with us spoke up and said exactly what this loud and proud woman needed to hear. By the end of everything the woman said she was willing to read the Book of Mormon. Members are awesome and so vital to miracles occurring!
Saturday and Sunday were probably my favorite days of the week because Lee came to church...TWICE! and with his son Jared! The first time was on Saturday for a church tour, we felt this very essential because last week when Lee didn't show up it was because Jared convinved Lee to go to church with him. Not this week! No, we had them tour the church and by the time we ended the tour in the chapel Lee was so, so excited to come to church.
Sunday morning, I was passing out flyers, when I saw Jared's red truck pull into the parking lot and my heart about melted it was so warm with happiness. Lee was wearing a tie Sister McFarlane gave him and Jared looked sharp too. I ruched to the door to welcome them in and showed them where to sit. I don't believe I have ever been happier in my life than I was at 11:00 when church started and Jared was on my left and Lee was on my right hand side. What a glorious day it will be when Lee is baptized. I know that Lee is the reason I needed to come to Georgia. Yesterday, when he took the sacrament, the Holy Ghost made that clear to me. What a blessing from my Heavenly Father teaching Lee has been, as I see him grow and as I see his inner light mature. He calls us his "adopted daughters." I call him my brother, because we both have the same Father who is watching over us from above.

No comments:

Post a Comment