Sunday, May 18, 2014

It Must Be Miracle May




I just finished talking to these wonderful three people for the last time until I arrive home in December. How crazy is that? Yet my mission does not seem to slow down but the rate at which I see miracles speeds up and I am blessed more and more each and every day of my life.
Miracle #1


This picture actually has two miracles. The first is the Sister Ng is wearing pink, which never happens, but because it was Mother's Day and she talked to her mom right after this picture she wore a nice pink sweater!

The second miracle is the cute Taiwanese people. They texted us Tuesday in the middle of our P-day and they asked to come to English Class. We met them at Hungry Jacks and then rode with them on the ferry to English Class. After English Class we stayed and talked for a bit and found out that Rosa (aqua pants) worked as a nurse at a Christian hospital in Taiwan and was willing to learn more about our church.

We were able to meet them two more times during the week to share about the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Unfortunately, they left this morning to go work on the farms, where there are no Chinese missionaries, but we told them to call us whenever they needed help with English and that when their 100 days of farm work were done that we would love to meet up with them again. 100 days is only three transfers after all. We gave them a Book of Mormon and encouraged them to read and pray together. Before they left we said a prayer and Rosa and Kangaroo (the guy in black who picked his English name after going to a zoo) said a prayer together. Rosa would say something and Kangaroo would repeat it. It was so sweet my heart just melted. I sure pray they will meet with missionaries again.
Miracle #2


I really love the Korean people, especially their food, but Thursday all I seemed to be able to find were Koreans who didn't want to talk about religion (unlike my two friends from English class above).
It was ten minutes before we had to go catch a bus home and I was wondering where in the world my miracle for the day was. Hadn't President Henderson promised us that this month of MAY was going to be FULL of MIRACLES? In my head asked Heavenly Father, "Where is my miracle?"
Then I looked left to a spot where Sister Ng and I usually pass by because it is full of smokers and it is thick with the stench of tobacco. However, as I looked at this spot I saw only one girl. She looked slightly Korean to me, but I took a chance and followed my Spirit which was telling me "go talk to her." Alice was there and as we talked I had the opportunity to teach about prayer. We prayed together and I asked if she'd be willing to learn more. She flipped out her iPad Mini and looked at her schedule and pointed to a date and said this would work. She proceeded to get my details and then enter me into her calendar. I got her information and then as Sister Ng and I rushed to the bus stop I thought, "Thank you for my daily miracle Heavenly Father." It strengthened my testimony that miracles are all around me, I just have to be patient--and sometimes that means waiting until the 11th hour.
Miracle #3
So, if you haven't figured it out yet President Henderson has termed this month Miracle May and with that he wants every companionship to have a baptism this month. I have been a little worried about that because the couple dates we do have this month are no longer solid. I have been fervently praying for a true miracle to come forth that would be ready for baptism this month.
Well last week I told you all about Tintin. Well this week before church she came for a lesson. We were able to teach her on the temple grounds right beside our chapel and it was a lovely environment for the Spirit to come and settle in on our lesson with us. As we taught the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the Word of Wisdom I felt complete peace. Then we introduced the Book of Mormon and Tintin just soaked it up. We were blessed with the opportunity to resolve her concern about stopping her consumption of green tea and to really expound on the power to repentance in each and everyone of our lives. Then as the lesson was drawing to a close I invited Tintin to be baptized on May 31st. She said yes with a smile on her face.
The miracle within this miracle is that Tintin just had her last exam for the month of May and so she'll have time to meet with us so that we can teach all of the lessons before her baptism and get her involved with the ward so that she really feels welcomed and part of the ward family.
It has been a wonderful week. I love the Lord with all my heart and I feel so privileged to give him my all. I pray that all of you who read this will search your daily lives for the miracles around you. I know that they are there, whether big or small. As you recognize these miracles recognize that they are from God and He gives them to us because He loves us. I love you all. Thank you for your support, prayers, and love!

No comments:

Post a Comment