Thursday, April 25, 2013

Je Suis Fini!!!


This song is an accurate description of the many emotions I am dealing with as I write this post: 



I am done with my freshman year of college! It is hard to believe this time last year I was stressing about AP and IB tests that were approaching, and now I am done being a freshman in college, done being a freshman for the rest of my life. I am done with school for two years. Hip-hip-hooray!

As everything comes to a close I am a little sad, because, well, some of the best friends a girl could ask for have been made during my time here at BYU. I think of all the colleges I could’ve gone to and I don’t think any of them would have offered the environment I needed. While sometimes I find myself wishing I had accepted that volleyball scholarship, I do not regret it because my life is so full here at BYU.

My room is all boxed up, my meal plan is almost depleted, and Friday I move out of the dorms forever. Change is hard, but necessary, otherwise we wouldn’t gain new experiences that we grow from as individuals.

Change is hard, but it is also good. So here I go, leaving behind BYU for two years and heading off to start a new life in order to bring happiness to the people of Australia who speak Chinese.

Let the countdown begin: 61 days until departure!

No comments:

Post a Comment