Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Because I Love...


Today I gave a talk in church about Loving God. One of the ways we love God is to love those around us. Throughout out my life I have been blessed to have many people surround me and shower me with their love.
When I was a little kid my family moved from North Salt Lake, Utah to Rock Hill South Carolina. I cried and cried. Then when I had to leave South Carolina I cried and cried. I learned to love the people in South Carolina and I didn’t want to leave. It was especially sad for me because my parents were moving back to Utah as well. The visits home from college would no longer be to South Carolina, rather “home” is now in Morgan, Utah.
One day I was complaining about the emotional pain of leaving behind loved ones to my mom when she said, “Isn’t a blessing to have loved and been loved so much it hurts?”
This really hit me as I reflected on all the people in my life that I love. My Carolina Stake Presidency, my Young Women’s leaders, my ward family, my friends and my coaches. All these people helped shape me into the person I am today. Without them I do not know who I would be or where I would be for that fact.
Loving others is natural, and the more we love the people around us the more we learn to love our Heavenly Father. I really like this quote from President Dieter F. Uchtdorf (one of the LDS church leaders):
“The more we allow the love of God to govern our minds and emotions—the more we allow our love for Heavenly Father to swell within our hearts—the easier it is to love others with the pure love of Christ.”
How wonderful life is. Because I am grateful for all the supporters in my life, I would like to share with the world my mission call opening. I would like to thank everyone in my life who has helped me become the person I am today. A special thanks goes to my family, who has always been there for me. Also, I want to thank my roommate Bethany, because she is such a great example to me of how to love everyone, even those I am less willing to give a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment